Efficiency is one reason we are able to give you the best price. Files that you send must meet certain requirements in order to be printed at the best quality and price. The requirements are outlined below. Failure to adhere to them will result in additional charges.
When laying out your file please use one of the following applications or supply us a high res .pdf document which includes bleed and live area as outlined below.
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
Standard business card size is 3.5 x 2. Standard postcard sizes are 4 x 6, 5 x 7, and 6 x 9. Please set your document sizes accordingly. Avoid floating a business card or postcard on an 8.5 x 11 page.
Bleed is the area outside the trim area of a document in which graphical elements are printed. This area is then trimmed off, resulting in color going all the way to edge of the piece. If you didn't bleed elements and instead placed them up to the boundaries of the trim area, irregularities encountered during cutting might produce a piece where a thin line of un printed stock shows along one of more edges. And that could ruin the overall effectiveness of the card's design. There are separate prices for bleed and non-bleed business cards. Standard bleed is 1/8 inch. If you are designing a non-bleed card, a good practice is to keep all elements at least 1/8 inch from the edge of the card.
You should scan all images at 300 dpi at the size they are going to be used. Line art images and text should be scanned at least 600 dpi at the size they are going to be used. All color scans should be CMYK and should be in TIFF or EPS format. If you do not have access to a scanner, you can design your card with a placeholder for the picture and have us scan the picture for a fee.
CMYK vs. RGB
Full color printing is generally done with only four colors; cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. CMYK is just another way to say process, or full color, printing. All elements to be printed must be separated into the four color channels. Scanned color images are RGB.
Spot or PMS Colors
We offer additional spot colors from the standard PMS swatch selections, including metallic. However, spot or additional colors may increase your pricing.
The easiest way to get your files to us is to compress and FTP them directly. Alternately, you may send us your files on a CD/DVD or a flash drive.
Gather your layout file and all associated files (scans, clip art, fonts, etc.) into a folder. Then use Stuffit or WinZip or a similar compression program to archive the entire folder.
I need cards but I can't design them myself. Can you help?
Yes. While the primary focus of our business is printing cards, we also offer design services for an additional fee. Please contact us with your specific need so that we may help you further.
If there is anything you need clarified or if you have any further questions, please contact us.
Business Card Pricing
- 1000 $59.00 Full Color Front
- 1000 $84.00 Full Color Front /Black Back
- 500 $75.00 Full Color Both Sides
- 1000 $99.00 Full Color Both Sides
Price based on customer supplied files or exact reprints. $20.00 set up fee for single sided, $35.00 double sided set up fee for first time card orders that we design.
Wedding Announcements Pricing
4 x 6
- 1000 $169.00 Full Color Front
- 1000 $209.00 Full Color Front/Black Back
- 500 $194.00 Full Color Both Sides
- 1000 $254.00 Full Color Both Sides
5 x 7
- 1000 $194.00 Full Color Front
- 1000 $234.00 Full Color Front/Black Back
- 500 $254.00 Full Color Both Sides
- 1000 $304.00 Full Color Both Sides
4 x 9.25
- 1000 $219.00 Full Color Front
- 1000 $270.00 Full Color Front / Black Back
- 500 $260.00 Full Color Both Sides
- 1000 $340.00 Full Color Both Sides
4 x 6
- 250 $19.00 Blank $59.00 Printed
- 500 $37.00 Blank $81.00 Printed
- 750 $55.00 Blank $104.00 Printed
- 1000 $75.00 Blank $127.00 Printed
5 x 7
- 250 $23.00 Blank $74.00 Printed
- 500 $45.00 Blank $96.00 Printed
- 750 $68.00 Blank $118.00 Printed
- 1000 $90.00 Blank $140.00 Printed
4" x 9.25"
- 500 $45.00 Blank $85.00 Printed
- 1000 $90.00 Blank $135.00 Printed